- Please Read Product Description : Ceylon Cinnamon is Not Cassia Cinnamon or more common varieties of CInnamon, information about this product is provided to assist in your buying decision and to help understand what Ceylon cinnamon is and how it differs from common household cinnamons. This infomation is solely provided to help consumers understand the product and realistic expeactions.
- The quills are soft and delicate and should break easy and pale tan to light brown in color. The fragrance is soft delicate. Each quill is hand rolled and graded according to its width in diameter. The quills are made from the bark of a small evergreen trees hence some people describe as tasting like wood, It Is Wood. Ceylon cinnamon Quills once broken gives off aromatic notes that are sweet and can be described as light, floral, with hints of citrus as wisps of cinnamon.
- This is not cassia cinnamon, it is not hot, spicy and does not have a peppery kick that is associated with more common cinnamons. Each Cinnamon Quill measure 5 inch in length. Ceylon cinnamon is commonly referred to as Mexican Cinnamon or True Cinnamon. It is lighter in flavor and aroma than other varieties of cinnamon and plays a supporting role in recipes.
- Quills can be easily crumbled and broken apart by hand. This is the best way to get a true sense of the flavor and aroma. We recommed grinding and using with fresh fruits, berries, breakfast pastries, yogurt, oatmeals, curry mixes, savory spice mixes etc. It is a complimentary cinnamon and not intended to be over powering.
- All Natural, True Cinnamon that is packed and sealed for freshness and kosher certified by EarthKosher. It is naturally lower in coumarin content and a main factor in why many people consume it.
Details: Sri Lankan Cinnamon or Ceylon Cinnamon as it is commonly referred to is the only true cinnamon, scientifically and historically speaking. True Ceylon Cinnamon comes from and is grown in Sri Lanka. The name Ceylon refers to the country of Sri Lanka that was a British colony until 1972. The quality of this cinnamon is very different than traditional cassia cinnamon or other cinnamons. Ceylon Cinnamon is know for it sweeter and softer aroma and the product quality is the same as you will find on some of our other great spices on amazon and also available in cinnamon powder form. Other cinnamons, while of the same genus, are technically cassia bark. A cheaper and much more harsh and spicy cinnamon. However, for the sake of trade and purchase, all species are considered "cinnamon." Ceylon Cinnamon is favored by pastry Chefs in Europe for its soft and cleaner cinnamon flavor. A large difference between Ceylon Cinnamon and Cassia Cinnamon is that Ceylon Cinnamon is filled like a cigar and its flesh is soft and brittle and easily broken by hand whereas Cassia Cinnamon or Cassia bark is hardyier and woodier and do not break easily by hand. Cinnamon is sourced from the bark of various species of the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamomum is tree-farmed in much of Asia, though primarily in Indonesia, China, and Vietnam. Our Cinnamon Comes from Sri Lanka, taste and see the difference you will never go back to the harsher and woodier variety of Cassia, we guarantee it. The spicy and unique flavor, sweet aroma, and warm heat of Cinnamon are derived from an essential oil called cinnamaldehyde. available in bulk quantities Ceylon Cinnamon is traditionally used in Chinese Five Spice Powder and the Indian spice blend, Garam Masala. Commonly used with meat, stews, and vegetables this cinnamon is also great in sweets such as drinks, cookies, cakes, puddings, or bread.
Package Dimensions: 7.3 x 5.4 x 1.4 inches