Hatillo Coffee, 100% Colombian Arabica
Brand: Hatillo Coffee
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY COFFEE: Micro-lot, Castillo variety beans. Farmed with the highest standards. 85 points specialty coffee grade. Perfect for any time.
- DELICIOUS AND UNIQUE TASTING NOTES: Medium roast. Delightful brown sugar, caramel, and honey tasting notes. Medium acidity, creamy body, and smooth texture coffee.
- SUITABLE FOR ANY PREPARATION: Prepare it using Drip, Moka, French Press, AeroPress, Pour-Over (Chemex or V60), Percolator, or Cold Brew coffee machines.
- SINGLE ORIGIN: Carefully grown and processed with natural methods by small-batch coffee grower Don Alberto Echeverri from Colombia
- ETHICALLY SOURCED DIRECTLY FROM COFFEE GROWERS: Located in the small town of Barbosa – Antioquia (Colombia), Don Alberto’s "Piedra Larga" farm sits at an elevation of 1,500 meters MSL (4,921 ft). Coffee plants occupy approximately 3 acres of the farmland. Orange, plantain, mango, star fruit, and lemon trees cover the remaining soil.
Details: FINCA PIEDRA LARGA (ANTIOQUIA, BARBOSA) - COLOMBIA - For over 25 years, Don Alberto has cultivated coffee on the slopes of his “Piedra Larga” farm. Located in the small town of Barbosa, Antioquia, in the central northwestern part of Colombia, the farm sits at 1,500 meters MSL. Here, the coffee plants grow alongside orange, plantain, mango, star fruit, and lemon trees. The coffee produced is defined by its medium acidity, creamy body, and smooth texture. Sweet notes of sugarcane, a staple crop in the region, stand out in this premium coffee. OUR HISTORY When Jesuit priests arrived in South America, they had long and arduous travels ahead of them. On their journeys, they carried their belongings in fabric wrappings called "hatillos". Within these "hatillos" were the coffee seeds that would flourish in and become synonymous with the region. Not long after the priests’ arrival, farmers began to grow the coffee plants and spread their seeds throughout the Andean mountain range. Their care and the region’s conditions worked together to produce one of the best coffees in the world, forever changing the landscape and traditions of Colombia. Hatillo Coffee pays tribute to this heritage and to all of the small farmers who devote their lives to producing our unique coffee. OUR MANTRAWe are coffee hunters and our goal is to obtain the best single-origin, micro-lot/nano-lot coffees from the different regions of Colombia. We source our beans directly from family-owned farms. We are committed to discover and embrace Colombia’s purest coffee expression. OUR COMMITMENT We partner with artisanal coffee growers to help them maximize the profitability of their crops (Fair-Trade) and to lessen the impact of the farming practices on the environment (Sustainability)
Package Dimensions: 6.2 x 4.6 x 2.7 inches