Brand: Burma Spice
- We get our freshly dried Mexican oregano directly from select farms in California's Central Valley, then carefully package and ship to you so you can prepare authentic Latin American meals that taste like they were made by your favorite restaurant chefs.
- Mexican oregano is an essential ingredient in Latin American cuisine. Mexican oregano is also known as Puerto Rican oregano, and is used in recipes like tomato based sauces, salsas, pozoles, dry rubs and seasonings.
- Stronger and with more herbaceous flavor than greek oregano best describes Mexican oregano. Along with Epazote, Marjoram, Cilantro and Parsely, these are the most prized herbs in Latin American cuisine.
- 100% PURE - We never add preservatives or fillers to our spices : 100% SATISFACTION - All Burma Spice products come with a 100% money back guarantee. Our products are hand packed in our gourmet spice shop; not in a factory.
- This large container with a handle is perfect for restaurants, galleys, and active home chefs.
We've sourced Mexican Oregano that is the most robust in flavor and packaged them.
Native to Mexico, it also grows in Central and South America and is sometimes referred to as Puerto Rican oregano.
Although this spice shares the basic pungent flavor of oregano from around the Mediterranean, it also has notes of citrus and mild licorice.
The Mexican variety is generally used in highly spiced dishes because of its characteristically pungent flavor.
Mexican oregano, sometimes called Puerto Rican oregano, Mexican marjoram, or rosemary mint, is the dried leaves of Lippia graveolens, a plant native to Mexico. This tasty herb is a staple of Latin American cooking.
Package Dimensions: 7.8 x 5.5 x 3.7 inches