- THE ULTIMATE IN ETHICAL BEE CARE Awhi bees have a single home all year round, the slopes of Mt Ruapehu in the heart of New Zealand’s North Island. We gently harvest their Mānuka honey by hand just once a year, ensuring they have stress-free lives and are free to exist and forage the way nature intended. Awhi is an ancestral collective of close-knit Māori families. The Awhi way is about looking after nature, so nature can look after us.
- CERTIFIED FOR PURITY, QUALITY & POTENCY The independent Unique Mānuka Factor Honey Association’s testing process measures the three signature compounds – leptosperin, DHA and methylglyoxal – and verifies that each jar contains genuine Mānuka honey produced and packed securely in New Zealand. Fully traceable, we control every aspect of our production and every gift box is sealed with its vintage year of harvest.
- BOOST ENERGY, IMPROVE HEALTH & WELLBEING The unique properties of Mānuka honey mean it’s one of the most researched honeys in the world and has been used for medicinal purposes by New Zealand’s Māori people for generations. This potent natural remedy can be used for: boosting your immune system; soothing sore throats; improving gut health to aid digestion and reduce bloating; boosting energy; on cuts, wounds and ulcers to assist healing.
- FOR NATURAL SKIN CARE Mānuka honey’s healing properties make it a great all-round treatment to improve skin conditions. It’s the perfect natural alternative for curing acne and skin infections. A natural moisturiser, it can improve skin hydration through drawing air moisture directly into the skin when used on its own as a facial mask.
- HOW TO USE. Add a spoonful into a herbal tea for added sweetness or eat a delicious spoonful straight from the jar. Have for breakfast meal by spreading it on a slice of wholemeal or granary toast, or drizzling over your yoghurt or porridge. We encourage you to find out more by searching “Manuka Honey” on Dr. Axe, WebMD, HuffPost, Marie Claire or just Google it.
Details: FROM THE MANUFACTURER
WHEN NATURE FLOURISHES, WE FLOURISH: Awhi is an ancestral collective of close-knit Māori families. Our place is a remote wilderness in New Zealand's North Island, at the foothills of Mount Ruapehu. In this spectacular landscape, we nurture the lands that have been home to more than 25 generations of our ancestors.
CONNECTED TO THE LAND: In te reo Māori (the Māori language), Awhi means to care for, nurture, embrace and cherish, which sums up the way we see our place in the world. The Awhi way is about being connected to the land. It nourishes us, and we treat the land and everything on it with care and respect.
SINGLE HARVEST MĀNUKA HONEY: Pure and potent, Awhi Mānuka honey is harvested by hand just once a year. Our bees have a single home for life, to reduce stress and ensure the honey they produce is consistently high quality. Awhi beekeepers extract honey from the honeycomb only once every autumn, gently and naturally, without chemicals or high heat treatment. We ensure they are safe and well fed to sustain the bees throughout winter, until the Mānuka flowers again the following summer.
ROAMING FREE IN AN UNTOUCHED WILDERNESS: We set our bees loose in a lush alpine environment and leave them to follow their instincts, with minimal intervention. They live out their lives naturally, foraging for nectar from flowering Mānuka trees in their wild and rugged home.
OUR REMOTE LANDSCAPE PRESERVES OUR HONEY'S PURITY: Mānuka flowers late, so our bees are unlikely to gather nectar from any other plants - we test each batch, just to be sure. We also test for other contaminants, although they're extremely unlikely in such a clean, isolated environment.
A TREASURE TO BE SHARED: For Māori, Mānuka honey is a 'taonga' - a treasure. It's a special gift, and part of a legacy we share with the world.
Package Dimensions: 7.7 x 5.2 x 4.1 inches